- Manage client relationships and a team of tax professionals
- Work on complex accounting engagements spanning many industry sectors
- Work alongside senior management team to assist with continued growth
- Opportunity for professional advancement.
For over 30 years Moeller Matthews has provided trusted advice and quality accounting services in Campbell River and the North Vancouver Island area to private companies and individuals, not-for-profits, First Nations and other organizations.
We recognize that our success is dependent on the success of our clients. We consider it a privilege to work with our clients, and we go to great lengths to provide exceptional service to them all. Our clients have choice. We want them to choose us.
Ideally, you will have been working within a small or medium sized CPA firm for several years and have demonstrated leadership during your tenure. You should have very strong technical accounting and corporate tax experience. Communication skills and the ability to lead and manage staff are crucial as well as an aptitude for detail. You must understand the importance of timely, quality work and deadlines. You should also be IT literate and have experience in a paperless environment or be committed to working within one.
Skills and experience
- CPA Designation
- A minimum of five years of public practice experience
- Experienced preparer of Compilation, Review and Audit (preferred but not necessary) engagements
- Experience completing corporate tax returns
- Experience with Caseware and Taxprep preferred
- Experience with Simply Accounting and QuickBooks an asset but not required
Roles and responsibilities
- Complete NTR, Review and Audit engagements
- Manage and build productive client and staff relationships
- Manage deadlines so work is completed on time
Compensation is at or above market rate and negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
- Group benefits including medical and dental coverage
- RRSP matching program
- Condensed work weeks (summer)
All applications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. Submission deadline is August 20 2020.